Saturday, June 6, 2009

Car Seat Blanket or Tent


So this is my first attempt at making a Car Seat Tent / Blanket. For use so that when the baby actually sleeps he can stay sleepy getting in and out of the car and while running errands, etc. The Camo pattern makes me laugh!:)

Here is the link for the Car Seat Tent Tutorial: Car Seat Tent Tutorial

I did make some modifications to the tent, it is not as wide as the tutorial states to go, it is actually 32" wide instead of 37" (I used fabric I already had so I had to make due with what I had) but it really doesn't matter and I didn't make the oval they talk about. I just rounded the corners, it is just easier and more exact that way:)

2 comments:

  1. Do you just love it. I use mine year round for Kayla. Does it blow away because it isn't very long? The camo fabric is very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this comment now. I did totally love it because the fabric was so heavy it provided great shade. Unfortunately the car seat we had my my kiddo super hot so I really should have put vents in it! I'm using it as a regular tent now since he is 2 1/2:) Thanks for the tutorial! I had just gotten back into sewing and it was really super easy!!:)

    ReplyDelete